Snoring is a common problem but can turn out to be a nightmare for the ones who need to bear with it. According to research, about half of our population is a prey to the problem of snoring. Nowadays there are many snoring treatments in melbourne available which are provided at many clinics. Before you go for that option you can look out for many home remedies. Before we get into that topic, let’s understand why one snores.
Why do people snore?
Snoring is not a chronic disease but it tells a lot about the quality of your sleep. People usually tend to snore when the flow of the air is through the throat while you breathe during your sleep and your relaxed neck muscles or tissues start to vibrate which cause annoying sounds called snoring. This being the common reason of your snoring issue, there are many other reasons behind it, which include:
- Lack of sleep or sleep deprivation
- Over or unhealthy weight gain, obesity
- Unusual structure of nose, throat, or mouth
- Sleep apnoea
Your snoring issue is not just a problem for your friend or partner who share bed with you, but it is also can cause disruption in your sleep and can be a symptom of a concerning health disorder or disease, which is why it should not be ignored.
Here are some natural remedies that can help you overcome your snoring problem and give the sleep you need after a tiring day.
- There is a possible chance that your overweight or obesity is causing you to snore. The reason behind this is logically simply. People who are overweight have more fat in their bodies. Which means they have extra fat layers attached to the tissues in the neck. This gives a very narrow space for the air to flow which ultimately results in people snoring. Losing some weight might not only help you with your snoring problem but also reduce risk of many other health conditions, so it is a win-win situation.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. It is not just necessary for noisy snorers but generally a good idea. In case of snorers’ hydration helps in prevention of mucus formation in nose which will help you decrease your snoring problem.
- There is a huge chance that your snoring issue stems from lack of sleep and exhaustion from sleep deprivation makes your tongue and throat muscles to relax which becomes the cause of your noisy snores. Even to maintain good health it is necessary for a person to get at least 7-9 hours’ sleep daily every night. If you take sleeping pills, it is not going to help your cause as it has the same effect on your tongue and neck muscles. Get enough sleep to not become a loud sleeper.